Home • Traditional Medicine • Feline Wellness Health Care • Senior Cat Care
Senior Cat Care
We provide specialized care for your senior pet.
When a cat reaches his or her senior years, it’s important to catch and prevent health issues early on through specialized senior care exams and diagnostic testing. Biannual wellness exams are recommended for senior cats because they help our veterinarians detect and treat any medical conditions before they progress and begin to negatively impact your cat’s quality of life.
Although natural changes will occur as your cat matures, some changes can indicate an underlying medical problem that should be addressed by one of our veterinarians right away. Call us as soon as possible if your senior cat has symptoms including:
- Weight loss or gain
- Decrease in appetite or difficulty eating
- Increase in appetite
- Increased water intake
- Bad breath or drooling
- Depression or listless behavior
- Changes to hair coat quality
- Increased heart rate or open mouth breathing
- Vomiting or abnormal stools
- Loss of muscle tone
- Excess or change in urination frequency, volume, etc.
- Changes in litterbox habits
- Signs of pain with movement or handling
- A new lump or growth, especially if it appears to increase in size quickly
- Sudden tendency to bite or jump from your lap when you brush or pet your cat
- Decreased activity level or increased stiffness